All promotional photos in this blog belong to ABC/touchstone TV

jeudi 12 février 2009

Rebecca Mader talks about getting 'Lost'


Editor's note: If you are planning to view Wednesday night's episode of "Lost," stop reading.

Excerpts of a question-and-answer session with Rebecca Mader, who plays Charlotte Staples Lewis on ABC's "Lost."

How did the producers break it to you that Charlotte was going to die?

I've known since June of '08, because that's when we negotiate contracts between seasons. Originally when I started on the show in August 2007, I was only supposed to do eight episodes. I ended up doing 20. I was on the show a lot longer than I thought I was going to be. A lot of it has to do with the writers strike. Less episodes in Season 4 meant back stories were compromised for the new people. I think that's why my character carried into Season 5.


And how did you take it?

I was disappointed when I found out. When I got to the end of Season 4 and found out Charlotte had been born on the island, that was huge. So when I found out I was leaving, I was disappointed. Like all things, it's for the best.

How much did they tell you about Charlotte initially?
When I first got the job, I was told nothing about my character. She's an anthropologist and she's tough; she's a female Indiana Jones. That's what I went into the show knowing. That's all I knew all of Season 4, until the very end, when I learned I was originally from the island. I was on a break reading my script, and I said, "Bloody hell!"

It seems like the actors spend a lot of time just walking across the island. True?
[Lots of laughter] Traipsing. It's a lot of traipsing. You have to do it a lot of times. First you walk up the hill, then you go down the hill, then you go back up the hill. By the end of the day, you don't want to be on the hill anymore.

So many people who "die" on the show keep showing up. What's your sense of how likely you are to return?
I may end up coming back in Season 6. Some people say, "You'll be back!" If I'm not, never mind. If they turn around and ask me to come back, I'd be happy to do it.

Fans spend so much time obsessing over the clues on this show. How much time do the actors who make the show spend thinking over the creation of those clues?
[Laughter] I have to be careful how I answer this. I think they're more concerned by what's for lunch.

source : www.latimes.com

**************


my word about it, i'm sad charlotte is dead i really liked her character and i'm sure there is mystery about her life on the island, maybe later in season dan will meet cute little charlotte and he'll say she can't come back BUT as danny boy said himself, what happened, happened :(

Aucun commentaire: