All promotional photos in this blog belong to ABC/touchstone TV

vendredi 19 juin 2009

Top Chef Masters : How Lost Helped Her Win

In this exclusive interview with tvguidemagazine.com, Suzanne Tracht, chef and owner of Los Angeles’ Jar restaurant, gives us the scoop on her love of Dr. Pepper, how it paid off to be a fan of Lost and her under-the-radar Round 2 win on Top Chef Masters.

When the challenge was introduced to cook dinner for some of the writers and creators of Lost, you seemed to be the only competitor familiar with the show. Why?
It’s on at a time at night when chefs are working. The first time I ever saw Lost, my son, Max, and I went to rent a video. I told him, “I heard that Lost is really good.” So we got the first season. We started watching it in the afternoon and before we knew it, it was time for bed.

So when you saw the array of island ingredients what did you think?

It was like Christmas on a table to me! I could live off of those foods every day—oysters, green mango, chicken, wild boar. I just thought, “Woo hoo. I’m going to cook everything!” So I imagined myself on a desert island. Then I thought, “What would John Locke do?” Then I opened up six coconuts and used the water to make a stock for risotto.

source : tv guide

Aucun commentaire: