All promotional photos in this blog belong to ABC/touchstone TV

samedi 22 mai 2010

Josh Holloway Interview on Vanity Fair


it's very Long article so i'll put a part and you can read more on the website.

I watched Holloway on the Lost soundstage for two days in February. He seemed to be one of the most popular cast members with the crew; he's a friendly dude, with nothing of the pampered star about him, and he had some sort of inside joke for almost everyone he passed. We spoke on the metal steps of his trailer on the day he was shooting the big submarine sequence, during which a mistake made by his character leads to a few of his fellow castaways going kablooey. He was having a smoke as he talked. Through the trailer door I spotted his guitar. He seemed humble, with more than a hint of the actor's insecurity, as if he couldn't believe his luck.

Jim Windolf: Terry O'Quinn told me the two of you sometimes play and sing together, along with Naveen Andrews [who plays Sayid].

They're the pros, Terry and Naveen. They can play all kinds of stuff. They sing, play guitar, everything else. Harmonize. I can play a little, I can entertain you for a while, but I'm not on their level. It's a special thing, though, to be sitting around on set, and the girls have these angel voices, and Jorge [Garcia] can really rock it out, too.

Have you ever played in public?

Once. Years and years ago, I sang at a blues bar with a band behind me. It was with my friend, my guitar teacher at the time. I took some sporadic lessons. This was like eighteen years ago. I haven't done it lately because of the Internet and YouTube. I don’t feel like I'm on that level, to be going out there, when it's gonna be worldwide. People will cringe and be like, "Oh, my God, put that down!"

What music do you like?

I'm stuck way back. Rolling Stones. Pink Floyd. Neil Young. Alice in Chains. Radiohead.

read more here :www.vanityfair.com

Aucun commentaire: