All promotional photos in this blog belong to ABC/touchstone TV

mardi 9 février 2010

IGN interview with Hiro Sanada who plays new LOST character Dogen !!

If you're intrigued on this new LOST character "Dogen", you might need to read this interview he made for IGN.

IGN TV: Were you a fan of Lost before you joined the show?

Hiroyuki Sanada: Yeah, of course. I haven't watched all of the episodes, but most of them. But yeah, I was a big fan.

IGN: Being on Lost means being part of a big mythology, full of mysteries. We're you prepared to be a part of a show with so many secrets?

Sanada: Well, I learned that after I joined them. I knew the show because one of the cast - Matthew Fox who plays Jack - I worked with him before on the move Speed Racer. We didn't have any scenes together, but we spent a lot of time in Berlin. Dinner and drinks. So I watched Lost because of Matthew. And then after I decided to join them I had a long time until I got a script so I spent a whole month catching up on all 120 episodes. Five episodes a day. I learned everything.

IGN: How was your character, Dogen, explained to you when you took the role?

Sanada: When I met the creators, Damon (Lindelof) and Carlton (Cuse), they explained my character to me. He was kind of a doctor who had lived on The Island for a long time. I asked them why a Japanese man would be living on The Island and how he might have come to The Island. So now I know why and how, but I can't tell you. (laughs)

more here : IGN interview

Aucun commentaire: